Monday, September 14, 2009

Leaning



I have been leaning towards sewing lately. Really the sewing of 60's fashion. I just ordered two vintage patterns from my snack pack sales. I previously ordered three vintage patterns and haven't even had the time to look at them, let alone make anything! However here I am ordering more!

The thing with vintage items is usually if you wait to buy something you really like, it'll be gone in the time you've been hemming and hawing. I've missed out on a number of fantastic vintage patterns and other such lovely things this way. So for now I'll just collect vintage patterns, in hopes of one day making a new wardrobe for myself!

In gardening news, the lettuce barrels are doing great! They've been loving the rain and cool weather. Also I've had another small crop of strawberries pop up, after we relocated the plants to planters in the front. The blackberries are almost done, most that we were waiting on never ripened, as the heat never came.

In the kitchen I've been making cheese scones, whole wheat french bread (i've given up on sourdough for now) and oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. Due to a shortage, I've found a fantastic addition to my cookie recipe! I was a cup short of oatmeal , and instead of running next door, decided to put in some ground flax seed. WOW!! what a difference! The cookies were much more airy, and melted in your mouth wonderfully! The men of the house prefer raisins to chocolate chips, so I just made a small batch for myself. I then ate them all in one day!

So now it's night time and we are all tired! Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment