Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Homesteading and Looking Good


I've been doing a lot of thinking about our little homestead. It's great, but I don't know if urban homesteading is totally for me. Some part of me wants to be in the country. We are thinking of moving ..... out of the city a bit! I can't really imagine a life where I have to drive more than five minutes to downtown, but it may just happen. I'm also trying to push the chicken agenda again.

We went to the Saanich Fair and saw a whole barn full of gorgeous chickens. almost feinted with those beautiful gals surrounding me! I was in love and stayed for a long time after the rest of the family abandoned me. Jack was afraid of the roosters. They're loud, I don't blame him! Anyways I don't know if I can wait a year and a half for my babies!! I want them now!!

Okay onto something else (crazy chicken lady rants are never a good way to end a post!). I've been addicted to wearing skirts. Most of my pre maternity clothes fit, but my hips haven't shrunk back to what they once were. All my old skirts fit, as long as they are sitting above my hips. It all feels very 50's! SO I found a pattern (above) and plan to make some cute retro numbers! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment